D&L TRAIL ROUTES
One-way Shuttle Service to Your Favorite Trailhead!
Biking along the D&L Train has never been easier. Lehighton Outdoor Center (LOC), offers one-way shuttle service to the several points along the D&L trail. Park for free in our spacious parking lot. Hop on the shuttle and we will drop you off at the appropriate mile marker on the D&L trail. All you have to do is to ride back to the LOC, located at marker 101.
Explore the D&L Trail and see for yourself beautiful rivers and streams, waterfalls, scenic overlooks, mountains, foliage, and more. Choose from 6 different rides of varying lengths, difficulty, surfaces and scenery.
- Park for Free at the LOC – we have plenty of room and all-day free parking
- All shuttles leave from the LOC — 123 Lehigh Dr, Lehighton, PA 18235
- Choose from 6 different rides
- Lengths of 10, 13, 15, 20, 25 and 34 miles
- Varying degrees of difficulty
- Choose your surface: paved trail, compacted dirt & gravel, or a combination of the two
- Our trail guides are available to help you pick the best ride for you and your group
- Don’t have your own bike? LOC has a great selection of SPECIALIZED rental bikes including trail, hybrids, and electric bikes. Click Here for Bike Rentals
2023 Shuttle Rates
- Shuttle $23.95 per person.
- Beginning September 5th, shuttles are by reservation only. Please call (610) 377-1230 to make your reservation
2023 Shuttled Rides
(all rides end back at the LOC parking lot – Marker 101)
|Distance from start to LOC
|Approx Ride Time
|Easy flat trail
|Well-prepared gravel bike path
|Ride back to the LOC with the Lehigh River on your right the whole way… along several miles of views of the Lehigh Gap Nature Center lands
|Switchback (Summit Hill)
|Easy to moderate skill level needed
|The first half is smooth with rocky sections Pavement throughtown , then gravel path back to the LOC
|This ride has everything easy mountain-bike feel, downhill, an ice-cream stop, a beautiful bridge over the Lehigh, then ride the canal path back to the LOC.
|Rock Port (Lehigh Gorge State Park)
|4-5 hours with stops
|Nice dirt bike path, ½ mile of pavement, then gravel path
|Super easy sandy bike trail through the amazing Lehigh River Gorge State Park, ending with a ride along 4 miles of canal!
|20 3-4 hours with stops
|Easy, flat ride with minimal road crossings
|High-quality prepared gravel bike path
|The Lehigh River is always close to your right-side view, with food vendors and a pizzeria at the mid-point in Slatington
|White Haven (Lehigh Gorge State Park)
|4-5 hours, with scenery stops
|Nice dirt bike path
|This ride gives the cyclist the full-on scenic beauty of the entire Lehigh River Gorge
|Incredibly scenic, easy ride, just longer!
|Well-built gravel bike path
|Glen Summit to White Haven is a scenic, slightly steeper ride through woods, and past lakes and ponds. White Haven to the LOC is along the Lehigh River and Canal